Thursday, January 10, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad January Blog Hop


Hello and Happy New Year!! We postponed our monthly blog hop just a little due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you are excited to see what the Squad has come up with to celebrate the New Year! This month's theme is to celebrate the new spring catalogue that came into effect on January 3rd. Once again I was blown away with all of the awesome goodies Stampin' Up! has come up with. So without further delay here are my submissions for this month's hop:



I was so excited to see the Honeycomb embossing folder and the soda pop tops! I would have loved to have added a rose from the flower trim but apparently it didn't make the cut during my pre-order. Dah!! I will be getting that flower trim next order for sure.

SUPPLIES: 

Paper: Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP 
Ink: Island Indigo, Old Olive 
Stamps: Collage Curios, Bring on the Cake 
Accessories: Big Shot, Apothecary Accents framelits, Honeycomb embossing folder, 1" circle punch, soda pop tops, Island Indigo bakers twine, basic rhinestones, sanding block 



Of course now it's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day. This is a very feminine card. The background heart is whisper white that has been spritzed with primrose petals and champagne shimmer paint to give it some sparkle. The new Pool Party embossing powder was what encouraged me to go with this colour combination. And for a girl that loves bling, the new large rhinestone basic jewels made me very happy!

SUPPLIES:

Paper: Primrose Petals, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Primrose Petals, Champagne Mist shimmer paint
Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Itty Bitty Banners
Accessories: Big Shot, Needlepoint Border embossing folder , Hearts a Flutter framelits, Hearts Collection framelits, Itty Bitty Banners framelits, small heart punch, pool party seam binding ribbon, stampin' spritzer, large and regular basic rhinestones

I hope you have enjoyed the blog hop so far. Please click on the NEXT button below to proceed to the next blog. Please also make sure to leave comments for all of our blog hop participants as we all need to feel the love! Thank you for stopping by.

Pat 


Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  2. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  3. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  4. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  5. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  6. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  7. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  8. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  9. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  10. Terry B of Goin' Over the Edge
  11. Justin K of JK Cards
  12. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  13. Jennifer B of NW Stamper
  14. Bree R. of Craft-somnia
  15. Diana E of Stampin' Fun with Diana

8 comments:

  1. Great job on both cards! I love all of the elements on the first one though.... very pretty and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mentioned the flower trim. I thought I had ordered it too. Next order for me. Your cards are wonderful. I really like the color combo and details of them both. So fun and pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are so pretty! I love all of the subtle touches of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards. I love the smashed soda pop top with that rose. It goes so well with the Tea for Two dsp. Your valentine is so sweet and simple. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the variation of both of the cards...showcasing a variety of Spring Catalog products! I bet that Tea for Two DSP will be a big hit! And, the Valentine's Day card is such a fun design and I really like the added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards! That honeycomb is one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! The hexagon folder is also one of my favorites and I love how it looks with the soda pop tops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cards! Love that rose in the soda cap, such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.